Thursday 2 July 2015

AN UNCONDITIONAL LOVE EXPRESSED – ‘I SEE YOU MUM’




A philosopher once stated WORDS really do not have meanings; WE make meanings out of WORDS.

I never got to understand this until a few conversations with some learned friends who broke it down citing examples and also trying to explain from the mind’s eye of this philosopher.

One fine morning, I was a bit tired after a few paper works and decided to log unto Facebook to monitor my timeline on what was running through. I am not a fan of long statements especially when I see the ‘See more’ blue inscription. Scrolling down this particular item from some of the few people I like to read their stuff on my timeline caught my attention. It was a poem so I followed and by the time I was done reading, I was taught another side of love and how it’s expressed.

The writer, a very good friend and yes a good poet at that penned this and shared it with the entire world. But if you missed it and haven’t read it, I bring to you this wonderful piece for which if I am to nominate on any poetry platform, I would gladly do.
It really hits to the core. A lovely piece I will want to have as a copy for myself hence shared here on my blog.

Read on;

I see you mum
I thought i saw you smiling
At the sight of dawn
Though you were but a figment of my imagination
Not that I am hurt
I just miss the purity of your love

I see you mum
With every ray that hits my eye
Dark clouds decide to cover the sun
And i lose sight of you again
No, I am not sad
I just miss your beautiful smile

I see you mum
Singing in the kitchen
I rushed in
Not like I expected the chance
I just miss that sweet voice of yours

I see you mum
Walking pass me at the mall
So I touched you
You turned and looked so different
But I could swear it was you
That long silky hair of yours was the reason

I need you mum
Yes, I have said it
With my heart turning to stone
I need a way out
14 years after, I am wandering

I need you mum
I never finished my cooking lessons
Halfway through
I left and you did too
I came back mum
Why wouldn't you?

I need you mum
Too many people deceiving me with love
How do i tell the right one?
Without you to scrutinize?

I love you mum
Do I even have a choice?
You never failed to see that star
Which existed in my eyes

I love you mum
You genuinely believed I was a special child
That believe kept me going
Did you do that to help me push on?
When you are gone?

Mum, I am all matured now
How I would've pampered you
I am not angry
Neither hurt
I just believe life was most beautiful
When you were around.

Need I say more? I guess not. Very touching right? Honestly we should be grateful to the creator for such gift He grants unto people to bless others. I am sure all the pain they go through to pour out their heart goes a long way to encourage others to push on in life.

LOVE is indeed real and each and everyone of us must make it a point to let all that matter feel and know how well you love and cherish them if the opportunity is available.
CHEERS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. One word captures this - Lovely!
    I know you love your mum a lot Qwophi.

    Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, my mum was a gem

    ReplyDelete