Wednesday 26 November 2014

#MUSICWEDEYFEEL: My #MusicMonday Playlist


“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything” – Plato

If you know me a little you’ll get to understand why I love music. Over the years I have been exposed to various music genres.
Music We Dey Feel


I felt like doing this special post for these few tunes that has been running all over my playlist of virtually every gadget I have. They’ve all been on replay anytime I want to enjoy some tunes to either relax or kill some stress.


In choosing this day, #MusicWeDeyFeel on #MusicMondays which has been running on social media for some time now and since it’s also been pushed to celebrate music from the continent; I decided to do it this way my way.


First on the playlist is

Manifest feat Obrafour – No Shortcut to Heaven


I know a few friends would go like, me? Liking a Manifest song for it to be on my blog, yes!! This is a great song and to me one of the best tunes from Manifest. Video- DOPE!! On any day, it should win Photography and Best Storyline in any music video award event. No wonder it tops my list.

Next stop is;

Seyi Shay featuring Patorankin – Murda

I discovered this tune after a good friend Dj Sid formerly of Citi FM played it at a party and took the trouble to look out for the tune and since then, it’s been a companion. Great composition and collaboration by all standards.

Talking about collaboration, I think it’s prudent to follow with another classic one from

P-Square featuring Don Jazzy – Collabo

I happened to have chanced on this tune by default as I was down and decided to entertain myself on my VEVO app by just watching music videos. It popped up as the next tune and the next thing was to repeat the tune for over five times. Great tune and is also soft to the ears any day anytime.

The first time I heard the tune, it didn’t sound cool to me, reason I was rushing up to get a report done in the office so didn’t really give much ear to. What tune am I talking about?

Samini featuring Kwabena Kwabena – Zongo Zer

I later checked out Samini’s twitter timeline and saw he had given a link to download this tune for free. So I did and it’s been a tune to request if I had the opportunity to at any gig or party I attend.

Personally this next artist’s music, says a whole lot that you need to listen to. It’s a deep tune and I have much admiration for him. Want to know who?

M. I. featuring Nosa & Milli – Brother

This tune is from his current “Chairman” album. I call it Life Music!!! My impression about the album, you’ll need to get it and listen to it entirely. Maturity,- on point delivery and great arrangement. It might not be your usual expectation of a ‘dance dance’ album but if you really appreciate music in totality, you should fall in love with this album.


Get a copy of the album here: M.I. Abanga - Chairman Album 

Glad you took time to pass by my blog. if you have any tune that you think should jump i here, hit me up in the comment area and we will digest it.

Cheers!!!


Credits:
Videos : Youtube.com
M I Album link : urbanroll.com

No comments:

Post a Comment