Friday 12 July 2013

The Sky is not the Limit- Reach For The Stars !!

This post comes in a way of me beefing up myself and dusting off the mishaps that has hit me all week.

This week begun with uncertainty, and followed with some string of disappointments from all angles which was really unexpected hence taking me a bit backwards.

Later in the day yesterday Thursday , 11th July, I felt so down in a way that I needed some hard music to blast out my state of being at that moment. I decided on a Will.i.am album and immediately his #willpower album came to mind as it hard some heavy beats that could really blast out of my surround sound speakers.

I know a few of my Christian friends will go like, where was your Bible, or why not a gospel music? Well I will understand you all but the fact of the matter is, at that particular moment, that was the album (music) that came to mind right away because I remembered that album had a song that really spoke some real LIFE talk issue. It was very motivating the first time I listened to it when I laid hands on that album.
FOOTPRINTS ON THE MOON

Fellow Christians no need to worry, our faith hasn't been lost yet. The Lord God is with me and I can also confidently say that there are much more circular artist who sing very good songs that motivates, encourages, appreciates life and every good thing that can be comparable to tagged gospel music and their artists. I am hoping this issue won't be dragged because I won't argue with anyone about this on any day for any reason. We all know the world in which we live in as well as various reason people have for choosing a genre or trade in order to either impact on the life of people or for material gains.

Back to my main plot for this blog.

Listening through the hard bumping beats, I felt a bit relieved as it seemed to have calmed my mind and was at the moment not thinking of all that had gone through my life the past week(s). Then the tune that really spoke to me on the very first time I listened to the album came on - "REACH FOR STARS" is the track. I won't talk much about the track because the lyrics in the tune should send you the message itself. This track really gave me some sudden hope and belief to immediately get out of my bed and be back to myself. I had it on replay for about 12 times. Every time it repeated, I felt I heard a new thing or line that was telling me to be strong and focused and push further.

I am sure you remember my previous post "Thank You Stars " . 

I am sure as they say, everything work together for good and the Almighty knows it all so I am not worried about these things now. I will always meet them disappointments as well as the folks that administer them.

Just have a look at the lyrics of this tune I am talking about and tell me, if the tune won't be worth a listen as well as applying it to your life. Here we go;

Why they say the sky is the limit
When i've seen the footprints on the moon
Why they say the sky is the limit
When i've seen the footprints on the moon
And I know the sky might be high
But baby it ain't really that high
And I know that mars might be far
But baby it ain't really that far
Let's reach for the stars

Reach for the stars
Let's reach for the stars
Reach for the stars
Let's reach for the stars
Reach for the stars
Let's reach for the stars

(let me see your hands up)

Can't nobody hold us back
They can't hold us down
They can't keep us back
Tiers to the ground
Told your people that we don't mess around
When we're trying out
Please don't turn this down
We will turn it up
Louder than it was before
Like the lion at the jungle, you can hear us roar
When I lie hear, it's like a sonic blaster
Flying just like nasa, out of space master

Hands up, reach for the stars
Hands up, get 'em up high
Hands up, if you really feel alive
Live it up, live it up

Why they say the sky is the limit
When i've seen the footprints on the moon
Why they say the sky is the limit
When i've seen the footprints on the moon
And I know the sky might be high
But baby it ain't really that high
And I know that mars might be far
But baby it ain't really that far
Let's reach for the stars

Reach for the stars
Let's reach for the stars
Reach for the stars
Let's reach for the stars
Reach for the stars
Let's reach for the stars

I believe that you will now understand why I seem to love this tune from a circular artist. This time reading the lyrics should obviously cut across all walks of life and make you want to take your life a step higher. Well life they say is what you make of it, so if you think there is no need to get up, dust yourself up and take that VIM bold step in Reaching for the Stars, sorry because I want to. In a way this blog post is to motivate a fellow friend, colleague, acquaintance, dad, mum and all who might find themselves in one situation or the other which in effect has dampened their spirits and about to give up. It's not time to give up yet. The sky has always been the limit, that's what we have been told all these years but from the tune and lyrics above, there are footprints on the moon, so let's reach for higher things like reaching the moon, or the stars.

I am also climbing the ladder of self belief and self actualisation, so if you see me laughing all through, it might not seem that all is well with me, but I have decided not to brood over my inabilities, but to smile through them because obviously, I see succes, and light at the end of the tunnel.

As I always say #POSITIVITYRULES. Have the best of life and thanks for sharing your day with me by stopping by on this blog to read this piece. I appreciate this very much and hope this at least taught you something this day.

Salute!!

Credits:
Album Art : Will I Am
Lyrics : Will.i.am
Download Album - itunes :  #willpower Album



No comments:

Post a Comment