Wednesday 28 August 2013

Bitter Sweet Experience - My morning with Brown Gold Cocoa Bevarage





I have always been accused of skipping my breakfast several times.

I have had my siblings, parents and a few friends I have lived with hit me hard on that behaviour. I always and still don't feel it's an issue anyway. I am just not an early eater if I may put it that way.

I remember an auntie who is a retired nurse once visited our home, and recognized this behaviour of mine. I didn't know I had it coming I would have prepared to face her or better still avoid her completely so she doesn't get me to the court room of breakfast eating hence my charges laid to my face amidst scholding and warnings.

One morning I went to the kitchen to pick up a fruit which I do often instead of having breakfast as they all recommend, there and behold was my auntie standing right there boiling water for bathing, the weather was pretty cold. She waited for me to finish washing my fruit then BAM, lectures begun on breakfast and my repeated habit of skipping. Apparently, my mum had told her about my poor and unstructured eating habit. I guess that was where my breakfast issue came up for discussion. Well I guess you know how the conversation will go and end.

Fast forward to my plot for this post. It was on a motive to have breakfast and decided to for the first time try the brown Gold cocoa powder beverage product. I had seen my paps earlier taking it so I decided then let me try this for the first time.

Well I had my hot water ready, then I took my teaspoon for my first scoop of the beverage. All along I had no idea of the taste of this raw cocoa product for which I had heard over and over again that it was a good product, good for one's heart hence healthy for the human body. I then went in for my second scoop, and added a third into my cup. Then I poured my milk into the cup for my mixture to be ready to receive the hot water.



At this point hot water had been added to my mixture and it was time to taste if my beverage was ready to be downed alongside my bread. And for the experience after tasting my mixture is left for you to try and have your own experience........ Gosh!! It was as bitter as the word bitter, I had over scooped the cocoa beverage bit too much that the milk incorporated wasn't even relevant at any level of sweetness. I tried adding more milk, tweaa, the bitterness level was still killing, then I decided to add sugar which I often don't do with my beverages, but still my cup won't respond from being bitter to sweet.

I then went to my paps to ask how and why was it that bitter, and the first question I was asked was, how many scoops of the teaspoon did you take and I told him, three , immediately he burst out laughing at me. He even continued to tell me a story about his cousin who came to visit him one day and thought that was milo therefore scooping a lot of it and could not tackle it. He told me because of its bitterness, the maximum I should have scooped was one and a half. Funny enough he picked a phone and called my mum to join in the hooting session, soon my mum was on loud speaker and they were both like seriously laughing at me paa.

I then went back to the kitchen to do some damage control and soon I was having my breakfast as they all wanted and expected me to do every morning. Aside all that it was a great morning and the day followed suit. An experience that was well gained. But I promise you I will get my paps and mums, when their time comes where I happen to be on the laughing side I am sure going to blog about it and the cause of it.
As always thanks for stopping by to be a part of my blog. Have the best of your day and week as a whole. Never give up the fight because you can't stop fighting if your opponent hasn't given up fighting back at you.



No comments:

Post a Comment