Monday 5 August 2013

The African Vibe -My Playlist

Music they say is the food for the soul. Well for me it's a refreshing lifestyle which soothes the mind and whole mental framework.

I woke up this morning feeling all music loving, but this time the craving was a little different from the usual, Hip hop, Christian Rock, or even listening to my favorite sports shows.

Over the years I have always loved music from all over the world but not so much from my continent because it was in a way not very much accessible. Thanks to the internet super higher, things seems to have become a little easier now in terms of accessibility.

Over these few weeks I have had a few favorites from the continent no doubt I woke up this feeling all songy songy (If there's a word like that LOL).

Immediately my laptop was on, I started my picking one track to the other and guess what, all the songs that made up the playlist were from my continent of Africa. No doubt this is the playlist for the week.
 I therefore decided to share it and if you have even good tunes from any corner from the continent, share it so we also enjoy your music also.

As I mostly say, don't blame me if I love music more than you do. I live by and with it.

My Afro Playlist start now!! The list below is in no particular order or preference anyway. I can mix them up any time in as much as you find all the tunes in the list.

1. Mafikizolo featuring Uhuru - Khona
2. Lira - Feel Good
3. Zahara - Loliwe
4. Efya - Cigarette
5. Camp Mulla - Party Don't Stop
6. Cwesi Oteng - I Win
7. Tiwa Savage featuring Leo Wonder - Ife Wa Gbona
8. Becca featuring M.I. - No Away
9. Asa - Bibanke
10. Blitz The Ambassador - Dear Africa
11. Mensa - Fanti Love Song
12. Darey - Bani Ki Di
13. LiquiDeep - Come Aboard
14. Cleo Ice Queen featuring JK- Big Dreams
15. Cynthia Morgan - High High High ( Kuche Kuche)

Well some of us don't care if the Grammy's, BET's won't respect our music and acts to really give us the needed platform to excel, we the people of Africa will enjoy our good great music to the fullest and we'll reward ourselves by sticking what we have. When they realize it's so big here and they wanna have a price by sampling our hits, then the industry players will tell them their piece of mind some.

Well I don't know how your playlist for this week is or will be, so hey if you don't mind you can share yours and maybe I'll like a tune from yours to enjoy also.

Have the very best of this week as August really breaks out, I wish each and every one the best in all endeavours as well as aspirations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment