Tuesday 26 November 2013

END VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN- As I Add My Voice





Violence against women and girls over the years has been a menace that keeps getting the attention of civil societies and rights organizations but the numbers still keep rising.

I have always wondered why it is so, because any social vice that has enormous voice against it either reduces or is curbed to the barest minimum. Over the years violence against women and girls and if I want to extend it children has taken diverse forms all over the world not excluding my beloved country Ghana. I guess the need to further make all the nose to bring to bare the facts and effects it has on society is far overdue hence my decision to blog on this issue to add my voice to the issue at hand.

I won't really speak much but will demonstrate by posting some quotes of people we respect in every endeavour of our lives and in society and some photos to share my displeasure of those who perpetrate such acts to women and girls as well as children in the society.
We must unite. Violence against women cannot be tolerated, in any form, in any context, in any circumstance, by any political leader or by any government.
-- Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon

Men must teach each other that real men do not violate or oppress women – and that a woman’s place is not just in the home or the field, but in schools and offices and boardrooms.
-- Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon



All forms of violence against women must stop – from the use of rape as a weapon of war to the use of violence by a husband to terrorize his wife within her own home. - Deputy Secretary-General UN Asha-Rose Migiro


It is not enough for women to speak out on the issue, for the message to be strong and consistent, women's voices must be backed by men's - Rep. John Conyers

The first thing which comes to mind when I hear "Violence against Women" is injustice, cruelty and an act which will destroy generations. It hurts me badly. To me it's brutality, butchery and barberry against one of the creations of God. - Syed Mahmood Kazmi

Far too many women in our communities, neighbourhoods, towns villages and cities around the world suffer from various forms of violence and everyone should stand up and unite against it.

I am opting out to stand Up and add my voice against the act against humanity. I will want to use this opportunity to invite each and everyone to add his or her voice in putting an end to Violence against women in our society. 

Stand Up and Be Counted on Violence against Women !!!!!

Credits:
All media : Online Content( Google Search on Photos)



No comments:

Post a Comment