Friday 23 May 2014

When a Song Gives You a Second Look at LIFE.

Music they say is the food to the soul. Well for me I think it goes even further.

I am a big fan of music where my interests spans very wide. It'll shock you the kind of music tunes I would die to have and listen to. Personally I am a big fan of listening to full albums than singles. I have mostly discovered much better tunes on albums than the very popular ones that might be running wild on the airwaves.

As a background to his post, I will attempt to lay out how two tunes gave me hope and the mindset to take a second look at life and how it could play out with a new framed mentality.

I had been involved in a trust and failure issue one afternoon and was very dejected. Trying to cut myself out, I launched my tunein app on my tablet to listen to some hard music, no matter the genre. I just needed something to fill up my mind for that moment. So randomly, I chose a station from the favorites and with my headphones on, a song being played was just about ending. A few tunes came by and the tune which I think did the trick for me was from Coldplay titled LOST. I had always known this song but never knew the title. Actually there is a rendition of this from BOB and its the tune that drew me to the original. I did a few searches online and I got the title and the lyrics. It has also been downloaded.
 


It ends and the very next tune that comes on was the tune from Labrinth feat Emile Sande and guess the title, BENEATH YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Initially I didn't know who did the tune so I recede out for my soundcloud application to track who did that tune. I later downloaded it and have been enjoying it. 

After these two particular tunes I was really motivated to take another step and push further no matter what had happened. I got these tunes for myself and the next morning, there were on my playlist for the whole day. I am sure when I put down the lyrics of the two tunes you'll get to understand what I am driving at.

Motivation and upliftment can come in various forms, it could be from a speaker, your pastor, life lessons, friend, or even yourself. This time round I got it from the tunes of the music artists. No matter the genre of music they do, those tunes gave me some hope. I have always said this, I appreciate Life and I will cherish it in any form it comes.

Check out the Lyrics to Coldplay's - Lost below;

Just because I'm losing 
Doesn't mean I'm lost
 
Doesn't mean I'll stop
 
Doesn't mean I would cross
 

Just because I'm hurting
 
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
 
Doesn't mean I didn't get
 
What I deserved
 
No better and no worse
 

I just got lost
 
Every river that I tried to cross
 
Every door I ever tried was locked
 
Ohhh and I'm...
 
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off
 

You might be a big fish
 
In a little pond
 
Doesn't mean you've won
 
'Cause along may come
 
A bigger one
 

And you'll be lost
 
Every river that you tried to cross
 
Every gun you ever held went off
 
Ohhh and I'm...
 
Just waiting until the firing stopped
 
Ohhh and I'm...
 
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off
 

[piano solo]

Ohhh and I...
 
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off
 
Ohhh and I..
 
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

This song gave me an opportunity to take a second look at Life after my ordeal. I am motivated and encouraged to go on and make it work.

I hope you also don't give up and push on. Maybe this tune and post might help you take a second look at life as it helped me do.

Credits:
Lyrics: AZLyrics
Download Coldplay - Lost EP: Download on iTunes
Download Labrinth - Beneath Your Beautiful - iTunes Download



No comments:

Post a Comment