Monday 22 February 2016

IN MEMORY: SKY+FACE !!




"Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle Autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep".
- An Indian Memorial Poem 


I haven't been in the best of health and general mood during the week has been down but in all these work had to be done.

I had a few client complains that needed attention and prompt solutions to be meted out. I joined my driver for his usual deliveries and supply schedule so I use that opportunity to meet up with them personally.

One after the other, I handled the very simple ones to the complex ones, and for those that needed further attention, assurances were given to them that action would be taken to their best interest.

As we went along, I felt a little tired and decided I get myself some refreshment of a sort since I am not a big fan of Energy drinks. I spotted a mini mart around and pleaded with my driver to pull the breaks so I get something. He did and I got of the van heading straight to the mart. Approaching the mart, I coincidentally hit my foot against a stone which drew the attention of the people in-front of the mini mart who were also getting one thing or the other from the same mart I was approaching. Immediately I raised my head up so I take a few steps to the mart for the attendant serves me. In the process of raising my head, I saw an inscription on the side of the mart, a dress- makers shop written in chalk, SKY FACE.   

Immediately, I startled a bit and went further to have a real look at it if it was a spelling mistake or for real written right. The latter was the case, very well written as you can see from the photo taken and attached to this post. I then took out my phone and took a couple of shots. After getting back into the van, I took out my phone to look at the photo captured.
SKY+FACE

It then dawned on me for a brief moment that yes I really missed my favourite cousin who was that selfless and always happy to make you happy.

I still remember when our house attire came through and we were to receive them from the bursar's office, immediately you got yours you wore it right in front of the library of Nifa Secondary School and walked up the hill to our 1B1 classroom to the amazement and admiration of many.

Till this day, we all know you created a vacuum in our hearts but we mourn no more Nana Kumi, we believe as a family as well as your close friends and mates that you are definitely resting in perfect peace.


STILL CONTINUE TO REST IN PEACE AND HOPEFULLY WE SHALL MEET ON THE OTHER SIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment